Thursday, June 3, 2010

Summer Essentials

Hey guys! So, for one of my first posts I have decided to talk about my "Summer Essentials". I am finally out of classes, which gave me time to collect my five favorite summer products. They are really helpful and I enjoy using all of them!
The first one (well actually it is really two) is my shampoo and conditioner. They are made by Organix and are coconut scented. I absolutely love them! My hair is so shiny and soft, and I smell softly like a tropical island. It's also really cool because Organix makes a lot of products to go with the coconut milk scent, such as mousse, split-end mender, repair treatment, etc. You can find this brand at many local drugstores for a reasonable price. You can also go to http://www.organixhair.com/coconutmilk.asp.
The second product I am loving is my Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick in Copper Diamond. It is perfect for summer! You can dap one of the pretty golds on your eyelids, or you could also swirl some onto your cheeks and shoulders for a gentle glow. There are other Shimmer Bricks also for different skin tones as well. Although it is a little more pricy at $40-50, it is so worth it because it is so versatile. It also lasts a long time and you will use it all summer!
Just yesterday I picked up a new nail polish. It's called Dream Maker and it is from Nicole by O.P.I. It's a nice summer shade: light pink with a little shimmer. After two coats, it was almost opaque. It would also look pretty over a darker shade of pink or purple to add some sparkle. I am excited to continue to use this throughout the warm weather! Get it at http://www.nicolebyopi.com/!
For my lips during the summer, I love wearing Laura Mercier's Lip Glace in Crystal. It is not gloppy or sticky, and it smells amazing! It stays on for a long time and I can layer it over a pink stain or just wear it by itself for a more natural look. For those who don't want to pay $22 for lipgloss, Neutrogena also makes moisturizing glosses with SPF in them.
For my final Summer Essential, I love Covergirl's Lash Blast Length in Black. I have normal lashes- somewhat dark, somewhat long, somewhat curled. With this mascara though, I have beautiful NATURAL looking lashes. If you want something that is more dramatic that look more like a fluttery false pair, then this is not for you. I personally love it for summer because it does not sweat off and it looks my lashes, only enhanced. Buy it here at http://www.covergirl.com/products/product.jsp?productId=lashblast_length_mascara.
I hope you love these products as much as I do! Have a great summer!
Love,
Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment