Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Favorite Nail Polish


I have found a new nail polish that I am totally obsessed with! It is Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Strobe Light. I have been looking for a glittery nail polish for a while now and am so happy I found this one. I got it at Target for only $2, which makes it even better! The multi-colored glitter makes me so happy whenever I look down at my hands. The texture is a little inconsistent, which would normally bother me with a solid color, but since this is glitter, you can't tell if there are any bumps or smudges. (Which is perfect for me because I am pretty bad at painting my right hand...) It took about three coats for me to get the glitter I wanted, but two would have worked as well. This polish would also look pretty with a light pink under it, if you wanted a different look. If you love sparkly things and like to paint your nail polish, check this color out!
Tip of the Day: When removing a dark or stubborn nail polish, tear a cotton ball into a few pieces and saturate them with nail polish remover. Place the individual pieces on your nails and let them sit for a about 30 seconds. Then, take a whole cotton ball dipped in nail polish remover and wipe it over the nails where the saturated pieces have been sitting. This should remove the stubborn polish (glitter is definitely not easy to get off...) much faster then normal!
Love,
Grace
P.S. I'm sorry for my bad photography haha its hard to get a flattering picture of your hand!
Also, the picture does not do the glittery shine justice! So amplify the shimmer by at least 3!

2 comments:

  1. What a great tip! I usually use 6-8 cotton balls when I remove my polish. This is a real saver...money and time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It really helped when I was taking off all this glitter. Otherwise it would have taken me forever!

    ReplyDelete